My children and I really enjoy baking even though I’m not that good at it. We usually make buns or chocolate chip cookies and we all help by taking turns of mixing and licking the spoon!
We recently have been sent a Baking Gift Set from Messy Me in return for an honest review. Messy Me sells a range of stylist products and accessories that are all made for mess and that can easily be wiped clean. They come in some gorgeous patterns and designs too. I was super excited to receive the box as I already love their products. We use their wipe clean tunic bibs on a daily basis with my youngest children.
“Our Baking Gift Set includes one of our wipe clean aprons, a mini rolling pin and set of cookie cutters – perfect for mini bakers and biscuit makers”
Over the weekend, my sister visited and she loves to bake and she’s good at it too! She bakes the most amazing cakes as a hobby but has even made all the kids birthday cakes and a couple of wedding cakes. She and Joshua decided to try out the baking gift set by making some yummy biscuits.
Joshua loves his new apron. I chose the grey apron full of stars. They just wipe clean and are perfect for little ones!
With his auntie’s direction, he mixed all the ingredients together before rolling the mixture out flat. He thought the small rolling pin was fab, great for his little hands.
He used the colourful star cutters which made the most perfect looking biscuits!
As we’re feeling festive, Joshua used jam and icing to create a Christmas master piece! I was so impressed when I saw it!
We have loved using this baking set, it’s perfect for mini bakers. We’ll definitely be baking again very soon.
How To Make Your Own Star Christmas Tree:
300g unsalted butter, softened
300g caster sugar
2 small eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
a pinch of salt
600g plain flour, sifted
1. Line 2 baking trays with baking parchment.
2. Preheat oven to 180
3. Cream together butter and sugar. Then add eggs, salt & vanilla extract
4. Gradually add the flour and bring together into a dough
5. Roll out dough and use star cutters. You will need two of each size for the Christmas tree
6. Bake cookies for 12 minutes leave to cool before decorating.
7. Roll out fondant icing and use star cutters to cut out shapes
8. Spread jam onto the tops of the biscuits and add the fondant over the top if each.
9. Add a little jam on the top of each layer to stick the next biscuit down
10. For the top star biscuit, cover both sides with fondant and stand it up.
11. Decorate with sprinkles or edible balls.
12. Dust with icing sugar.