We love to pick our own Pumpkin for Halloween, who doesn’t?! The last few years we have been to Cockfields Farm.
I have put together a list of places where you and your family can pick your own pumpkin in or around the Greater Manchester area.
Cockfields Farm (OL6 8AR 5 minutes out of Oldham)
Cockfields Farm Pumpkin Festival is running between 3rd till 31st October.
Families can –
- Pick your own pumpkin and carve it,
- Visit the pumpkin village for that perfect family photo,
- Meet lizards, dragons, snakes, bugs and creepy crawlies,
- Enjoy all the fun on the farm–feed the animals, meet the baby chicks, groom the bunnies, cuddle the guinea pigs,
- Jump on the jumping pillow and ride the carousel,
- Complete the Halloween trail for a prize!
Everything above is included in the farm admission price- adults £12.95, children £12.95, under 1’s £4.95. Book now, online booking essential. Toddler sessions available- £14.95 one adult and one child.
We went to Cockfields Farm Halloween Pumpkin Festival earlier this month, read about it here.
Lancaster Park and Animal Farm (Chadderton OL1 2TG)
This Halloween you can pick and carve a pumpkin, enter the haunted house for spooky tales with the witch and even enter the fancy dress competition, plus all the fun of the farm. Bookings must be made online – Saturday and Sundays during October plus Friday 23rd to 31st October. Prices are adult £4 ( pumpkin not included), children £8 with a pumpkin. More information on their website.
Kenyon Hall Farm (WA3 7ED approx 39 mins away)
The Hayloft (Widnes WA8 3XP approx 48 mins)
Open everyday from 3rd-31st October. Free entry, pay for what you pick. No need to book. Additional charges for spooky maze, tractor rides and miniature railway.
Other ones to check out-
- Libby’s Pumpkin Patch SK11 9RS. Booking essential.
- Dunham Massey Ice Cream WA14 5SG. No booking required.
Share a photo of you and your family pumpkin picking on my Facebook Page!